Christmas is time of culinary hedonism. I guess that to keep your life balanced sometimes you need to get crazy and simply go for something you wouldn’t usually have – like chocolate cake with Philadelphia cheese and mascarpone cream. Heavenly tasty and morbidly unhealthy 🙂
It’s my mum’s recipe – it’s so good that you will want to keep it and use once your family and friends are around. Of course hoping you won’t have to eat it all by yourself, which is very likely.
Ingredients (35x25cm form)
- 5 eggs
- 1,5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1,5 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 0,5 cup water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- Mix oil, water, 1 cup of sugar and cocoa in a cooking pot. Bring to boil and cool down.
- Mix egg whites with 0,5 cup of sugar and beat it.
- Add egg yolks to beaten whites. Afterwards stir in mixture of oil, water, sugar and cocoa, sifted flour, baking powder and soda. Mix with hand mixer and transfer to baking form.
- Bake 40 min in 180 C.
- After cake cools down, cut it into two pieces.
Philadelphia cheese cream:
- 200 g butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 700 g Philadelphia cheese
- vanilla stick or aroma
Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- 500 g whipped cream (36%)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 250 g Mascarpone cheese
Mix whipped cream, mascarpone and sugar until smooth.
1 cup espresso
- Soak first layer of cake with espresso.
- Spread Philadelphia cream and cover with the second piece of cake.
- Spread Mascarpone cream on the top and powder with cocoa.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.